September is better breakfast month, meaning it’s the perfect time to promote these ever-popular foods. Prior to COVID-19, 30% of consumers said they were purchasing breakfast more often from restaurants or other foodservice locations, while 53% said they would be more likely to purchase breakfast options that are high in protein. Now that people are beginning to eat out more often again, consider using turkey to give them what they’re looking for.
Try these breakfast recipes in your operation:
- Sandwich it. More than 60% of consumers are purchasing breakfast sandwiches away from home, while 37% of consumers want to see turkey on breakfast sandwiches. That’s up from 30% in 2018. Meet demand with this Taverna Breakfast Panini, featuring turkey slices and bacon, an omelet and melted Haloumi cheese on hot-pressed naan.
- Bowl over. This portable option is here to stay, especially as more diners eat on the go. In fact, bowls are projected to grow 8% in the next two years. This Turkey Quinoa Breakfast Bowl promises to boost energy with nutrient-packed ingredients including kale, spinach, eggs and honey maple turkey breast.
- Go green. Avocado is a profit driver on breakfast menus, coinciding with the 88% growth of avocado toast in 2019. In particular, the freshness and value of avocado entices many diners. Whet their appetites with this Turkey Bacon Avocado Toast.
- Build contrast. Nearly 50% of consumers find a sweet and spicy flavor combo appealing. This Country Fried Turkey Waffler brings the best of both worlds together with sizzling turkey and golden brown waffles drizzled in hot honey syrup.
- Stand tall. When it comes to the bread in breakfast sandwiches, biscuits are one of the most in-demand options at top-500 chains. Lean meats are popular too, as turkey sausage grew by 5% on top-500 chain menus over the last two years. Stack these favorites on top of each other in this decadent Triple Decker Towering Breakfast Sandwich.
Breakfast has become a traffic driver, and it goes beyond the morning. Whether you’re serving it during the traditional early hours or offering it all day long, turkey is the ideal protein to create delicious breakfast offerings. For more culinary inspiration, check out our breakfast recipes.
Grab & Go Reports, 2022 Trend Predictions, Technomic, Q2 2020.
Breakfast Consumer Trend Report, Technomic, 2019.
Flavor Consumer Trend Report, Technomic, 2019.
Sandwich Consumer Trend Report, Technomic, 2020.