The flavors of Georgia come together to create a true Southern-style glaze for tender roasted turkey. With eye-catching golden color, this roast is a perfect regional-themed option for carving stations and more.
Maker’s Mark and Peach BBQ Glaze, as needed
Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce
1. Roast the petite roasted turkey.
2. Before the last 30 minutes of roasting, apply Maker’s Mark and Peach BBQ Glaze.
1. Combine the peach preserves and chicken stock in a food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Pour Maker’s Mark into a 2-quart saucepan, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Using extreme caution, ignite the simmering bourbon and simmer until the flame goes out.
3. Add the peach preserves and chicken stock, bay leaves and barbecue sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook for 8–10 minutes, then remove the bay leaves.
4. Remove the glaze from heat and place it into a storage container with a lid. Label, date and refrigerate.
Swap and substitute to make it your own.
Montreal steak seasoning (low sodium)
Roasted and ground cumin (McCormick)
Roasted and ground coriander (McCormick)
1. Combine all the ingredients and blend well.
2. To apply, brush the protein with oil.
4. If the protein pieces are small, sear in a hot skillet with oil.
5. Finish in a 350°F oven and cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.
6. Rest, slice and serve.
7. Place the unused Red Eye Gravy Rub in a storage container with a lid. Label, date and store in a cool, dry place.