SERVING SIZE 1 sandwich PREP TIME 20 mins. TOTAL TIME 35 mins.
Go beyond the BLT— with turkey! Twist a classic bacon, lettuce and tomato by incorporating sliced turkey breast; a spread of avocado mayonnaise; and toasted, rosemary-topped focaccia to give this sandwich extra flavor. Maximize craveability with roasted sweet potato wedges or a sweet-and-sour savoy slaw on the side.
Focaccia bread, ¾-inch thick, toasted, warm
Heirloom tomatoes, 3/16-inch thick
Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
White Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper, to taste
Sweet potatoes, cut into 6 wedges per potato
1. Brush the tops of each slice of the focaccia bread with olive oil, sprinkle with rosemary and toast to a golden brown.
2. Spread 1 ½ tablespoons of Fresh Avocado Mayonnaise on the inside of each slice of bread.
3. Assemble the sandwich in the following order: bottom slice of toast, sliced turkey, heirloom tomatoes, spring mix, turkey bacon, top slice of toast.
4. Plate and serve with a side of Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges.
1. Combine the avocado with the mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce and blend well, adding salt and pepper as needed.
2. Place the mixture into a covered container, label and date.
3. For best results, refrigerate for at least 2–3 hours before use.
1. Toss the sliced sweet potatoes with olive oil.
2. Mix together the paprika, salt and black pepper and sprinkle over the oil-coated potatoes.
3. Bake the potatoes for about 20 minutes, until crisp.
4. Garnish with green onions and cilantro and serve with habanero lemon honey (drizzled or on the side).
Swap and substitute to make it your own.