SERVING SIZE 7 oz. PREP TIME 20 mins. TOTAL TIME 50 mins.
A warm turkey broth simmers with diced carrots, chunks of tender sweet potatoes and more vegetables. Full of rich flavor, this soup can be served as a light meal or a comforting, tasty pairing with salads or sandwiches.
Roasted turkey bone stock
Leeks, clean, cut in quarters lengthwise, then cut into ⅛-inch slices
Sweet potatoes, raw, peeled, ½-inch dice
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Pour the roasted turkey bone stock into a stockpot large enough to hold all the ingredients.
2. Add the leeks, celery, carrots and sugar, then bring to a boil. Lower the temperature and simmer the veggies until they’re firm but cooked.
3. Add the sweet potatoes, turkey and spaghettini, then bring to a boil. Lower the temperature and simmer until the sweet potatoes are tender and the spaghettini is cooked.
4. Stir in the fresh spinach.
5. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, as needed.
6. Sprinkle the soup with the chopped parsley.
Swap and substitute to make it your own.