Honey maple turkey breast and red and white quinoa deliver extra protein to make a powerhouse bowl. This nutrient-rich offering combines easy portability and endless customization while meeting demand for healthy options.
1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-duty skillet over medium heat, then add the kale and spinach.
2. Sauté the greens until they’re wilted (but still very green) and then add the quinoa. Stir/sauté until well blended and hot.
3. Arrange the quinoa and greens in a bowl, and top with the remaining ingredients. Fan out the sliced avocado near the rim of the bowl, toward the center. Cluster the Blistered Tomatoes and Soft-Cooked Egg near the sliced avocado. Place the crumbled goat cheese in the center. Arrange the lightly grilled julienned turkey in a mound in the center.
4. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Note: When preparing the quinoa, rinse it in cold water before cooking. Sub the water with turkey or poultry broth.
TO PREPARE THE BLISTERED TOMATOES:
1. Heat the olive oil in a small heavy-duty sauté pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add the tomatoes, stirring 2–3 times, until their skins blister. Do not overcook—the tomatoes will collapse.
3. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
TO PREPARE THE SOFT-COOKED EGG:
1. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil.
2. Carefully lower the egg into the boiling water, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 6 minutes.
3. Once the egg is cooked, shock it in ice water.
4. Peel the egg when it’s cold.
5. Reheat the egg in simmering water, then cut it in half.