- SERVING SIZE 1 sandwich
- PREP TIME 15 mins.
- TOTAL TIME 15 mins.
Create a Rachel unlike any other. Cool red cabbage slaw with hints of basil and lemon takes the place of typical sauerkraut for a sandwich that has broad appeal and big flavor.
Russian or Thousand Island dressing
Red Cabbage & Fresh Basil Slaw (drained)
Red cabbage, thinly shredded
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Spread the dressing on each slice of bread (3 tbsp. per slice), then top one of the slices with the turkey.
2. Top the turkey with Swiss cheese and Red Cabbage & Fresh Basil Slaw.
3. Finish with the other slice of bread.
4. Secure the sandwich with a long skewer if needed.
1. Toss the basil, cabbage and Lemon Vinaigrette together in a stainless steel bowl.
2. Refrigerate for 10–20 minutes before using.
1. Blend the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, lemon zest, sugar, salt and pepper with a wire whisk. Allow the mixture to rest for 15 minutes.
2. Slowly incorporate the olive oil with a wire whisk.
3. Chill for one hour before using.
Swap and substitute to make it your own.