SERVING SIZE 1 benedict PREP TIME 45 mins. TOTAL TIME 1 hr. 15 mins.
Serve The Sunnyvale Benedict as an indulgent breakfast or brunch option. With a crispy tostada, rich and spicy hollandaise sauce, and savory turkey breakfast sausage, this combination of flavors and textures is a must-have for your morning menu.
Tostadas (4-inch diameter)
Eggs, hard-cooked and sliced
Green onions, bias cut thin
1. Arrange the tostadas on a platter.
2. Shingle 3 halves of sausage patties on each tostada.
3. Arrange 2 slices of avocado over the sausage patties on each tostada.
4. Place a sliced egg on each pair of avocado slices.
5. Top each egg with 2 ounces of Spicy Hollandaise and garnish with a sprinkle of bias-cut green onions.
6. Top with 2 ounces of pico de gallo.
1. In a small saucepan, melt the butter and hold it very hot (butter must be heated just prior to adding it to the blender).
2. Combine the water, chili powder, salt and Cholula sauce and bring to a boil. Do not evaporate too much—½ cup of liquid must be maintained.
3. Combine the egg yolks and lime juice in a blender and blend for 2 seconds. With the blender on, slowly add the seasoned boiling water.
4. Slowly add the hot, melted butter to the blending egg yolks and hot water.
5. Add the black pepper and adjust the salt.
6. Add the chopped jalapeños and chopped cilantro and blend for 3 seconds.
7. Hold in a double boiler over low to medium heat.
Swap and substitute to make it your own.