SERVING SIZE 1 burger PREP TIME 1 hr. 25 mins. TOTAL TIME 1 hr. 45 mins.
Deliver on better-for-you demands with this Mediterranean burger. Lean turkey replaces beef, creating a healthy and delicious meal with a balance of grilled notes from the cheese and vegetables. This trending ethnic dish is perfect for any adventurous customer.
Turkey Burger Marinade, as needed
Pita bread, 4–5 inches in diameter
Grilled Mediterranean Vegetables
Roasted pepper, cut into strips
Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
English cucumber, peeled, seeded, ¼-inch dice
Fresh mint, finely chopped
Eggplant, round cut, ½-inch thick
Zucchini, bias cut, ⅜-inch thick
Parsley leaves with tender stems
Red onions, thinly sliced
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Brush both sides of the turkey burger patty with the Turkey Burger Marinade and grill it until fully cooked, with an internal temperature of 165°F.
2. While the turkey burger is cooking, warm or grill the pita bread.
3. Spread the Tzatziki Sauce on the pita.
4. Arrange the Grilled Mediterranean Vegetables and roasted peppers over the tzatziki.
5. Set the grilled turkey burger atop the grilled vegetables.
6. Arrange the Grilled Halloumi onto the grilled turkey burger.
7. Top the halloumi with the Parsley Salad.
8. Serve with a side of olives.
1. Combine all the ingredients in a stainless steel bowl and blend well.
2. Place the marinade into a covered container. Label, date and refrigerate.
1. Place the diced cucumber into a towel and squeeze it dry. Discard the water.
2. Combine all the ingredients and blend well.
3. Place the sauce into a container with a lid and refrigerate it.
1. Set the eggplant and zucchini slices into the vinaigrette to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Grill the vegetables over medium-high heat until golden brown on each side.
3. Place the vegetables into a storage container with a lid. Label, date and refrigerate.
1. Preheat a grill or sauté pan over medium-high heat.
2. Heat the olive oil in the preheated pan.
3. Grill the halloumi for approximately 2 minutes per side. The cheese will be lightly brown and warm on the inside.
1. Combine all the ingredients and toss them, coating the parsley and onions with the dressing.
Swap and substitute to make it your own.