SERVING SIZE 1 plate PREP TIME 25 mins. TOTAL TIME 30 mins.
The Southwestern twist is front and center in these revamped nachos, which will make patrons want to reach for more. Tortilla chips, sweet potato chunks and a dusting of chipotle give all kinds of texture and flavor. They’re great as an appetizer for groups to share or as a main course for one.
Black beans, canned, drained
Chipotle or regular chile powder
Multicolor tortilla chips
Jalapeño, pickled, sliced
Monterey Jack, cheddar or taco blend cheese, shredded
Tajin chile-lime seasoning
1. In a small bowl, combine the beans and chipotle or chile powder.
2. Spread the tortilla chips on an ovenproof plate and top with the turkey, sweet potatoes, beans, Roma tomatoes, corn, olives, jalapeños and cheese.
3. Run the plate under a broiler or salamander (or place in a hot oven) until the cheese melts and the nachos are hot.
4. Top the nachos with the green onions and drizzle with the Tajin Crema.
1. Combine the crema and Tajin seasoning in a small bowl.
2. Reserve the crema until ready for use.
Note: If crema is not available, sour cream can be thinned with milk as a substitute.
Swap and substitute to make it your own.