We added a BLT to a turkey burger, and the result was pure deliciousness. Tasty extras—jack and cheddar cheeses, avocado and chipotle mayo—make it even better. Serve for lunch or dinner with a side of Mexican coleslaw.
TO PREPARE THE BLT TURKEY BURGER WITH SLICED AVOCADO:
1. Top each cooked turkey burger with 1 slice each of jack and cheddar cheeses. Melt the cheeses.
2. To build each burger, spread 1 tablespoon of Chipotle Mayonnaise on the inside of the toasted bottom bun. Add the toppings, in this order: shredded lettuce, red onion, tomato, turkey burger with melted cheeses, avocado and turkey bacon. Spread 1 tablespoon of Chipotle Mayonnaise on the inside of the toasted top bun and place it on top of the turkey bacon.
TO PREPARE THE CHIPOTLE MAYONNAISE:
1. Combine all the ingredients and blend well.
2. Place into a covered container; label and date.
3. Allow the sauce to marinate for at least 2 hours under refrigeration before using.