- SERVING SIZE 1 sandwich
- PREP TIME 20 mins.
- TOTAL TIME 35 mins.
This dish is full of flavor, from a rich goat cheese spread to zesty jardiniera on the side. It makes a delicious addition to lunch menus and more. Serve with a soup or salad for a combo special, or test it out on the happy hour menu with a pale ale pairing suggestion.
4-inch pita breads (not the pocket type)
Tomato (¼-inch thick), seasoned with salt and pepper
Arugula salad, lightly tossed with Lemon Vinaigrette
Large green olives, stuffed with pimentos and skewered with a bamboo skewer
White Worcestershire sauce
Cauliflower, sliced in small pieces
Carrots, peeled and sliced thin
Green peppers, cut into 1-inch slices and julienned thin
Fresh Italian parsley, chopped
Artichoke hearts, chopped
Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
2. Spread the Basil Pesto Goat Cheese evenly over each of the warm pitas.
3. Arrange one slice of tomato over the cheese on each pita.
4. Arrange the arugula salad with Lemon Vinaigrette evenly over each tomato slice.
5. Arrange 3 ounces of sliced turkey over the arugula.
6. Place the olive skewer into the turkey of each pita.
7. Serve with a side of Jardiniera (3 ounces).
1. Combine the basil pesto and white Worcestershire sauce with the goat cheese and blend well.
2. Place into a covered container with a label and date.
3. The cheese is best if refrigerated for at least 2–3 hours before use.
1. Blend the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, lemon zest, sugar, salt and pepper with a wire whisk. Allow the mixture to rest for 15 minutes.
2. Slowly incorporate the olive oil with a wire whisk.
3. Chill for one hour before using.
1. Bring the vinegar, canola oil, water and seasonings to a boil. Then add the cauliflower, carrots, celery and green peppers, and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat and cool to 90°F. Then add the remaining ingredients.
Swap and substitute to make it your own.