Turkey Burger Benedict
With a poached egg and jalapeño hollandaise sauce, this freshly grilled turkey burger makes a mouthwatering addition to breakfast and brunch menus. Pair with crispy hash browns and a spicy Bloody Maria to create a signature special.
Jalapeño Hollandaise Sauce
||Cracked black peppercorns
||3 oz. (6 tbsp.)
||White balsamic vinegar
|2 oz. (1/4 cup)
||Egg yolks, fresh or pasteurized
||Butter, cut into 1'' cubes
||Hot sauce or cayenne
||Fresh jalapeños, finely diced
|Pico de Gallo
||2 small bunches
||Green onions, cleaned (white & green parts), 1/4'' dice
||Fresh lime juice
||Fresh plum tomatoes, ripe, 1/4'' dice
||Jalapeño, seeds removed, chopped fine
||Cilantro, large stems removed, chopped fine
||Salt and black pepper
||Cholula hot sauce
- Combine the shallots, peppercorns and vinegar in a small non-reactive saucepan and reduce over medium heat until nearly dry.
- Add the water to the reduction and strain into a clean stainless steel bowl.
- Add the egg yolks, lemon juice, cubed butter, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
- Place the bowl over simmering water, heating and whisking constantly until the sauce thickens and forms a ribbon.
- Adjust seasoning and add diced jalapeños.
- Sauce is ready to serve and may be held for one hour.
Pico de Gallo
- Combine all the ingredients and blend well. Adjust seasonings.
- Cover and marinate under refrigeration for at least 30 minutes before serving.
||Brioche roll or bagel
||Fresh butter, soft
||Sautéed onions, golden brown
|1 (4 oz.)
||Savory White Turkey burger
||Pico de gallo
||Jalapeño hollandaise sauce
- Brush both sides of the brioche roll or bagel with the soft butter and then toast. Spread with shredded Cheddar and top with sautéed onions.
- Assemble burger by stacking cooked and grilled turkey burger over roll or bagel. Place poached egg over burger.
- Layer pico de gallo and jalapeño hollandaise sauce over egg and top sandwich with the remaining roll or bagel half.
- Garnish with baby arugula and grape tomatoes.