Herbed Turkey Burger
- Servings 4—8OZ. or 6—6OZ. per 2# Recipe
Thyme, garlic and sage are added to a flavorful ground turkey mixture to create this artisan-style turkey burger. Add it to your lunch or dinner menu and suggest a side of fries with house-made cranberry ketchup.
||Ground turkey, cold
||Shallot or whites of green onions, minced
||Fresh basil, chiffonade
||Black pepper, ground
||Fresh thyme leaves
||Fresh garlic, minced
||Fresh sage leaves, chopped fine
||Turkey or chicken broth, cold
- Combine all ingredients into a stainless steel bowl and blend well. Do not overwork. Refrigerate overnight for easier patty formation.
- Form patties from the mixture and place on a tray in the freezer to firm up.
- Grill the patties (over medium high heat) for approximately 12 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165° F is reached. Turn only once.
- Use the cooked patty in your favorite burger build. Consider a toasted oat crusted bun with lettuce, tomato, Havarti cheese, and cranberry ketchup.