Sweet fig jam, tart apples and creamy brie cheese complement the mild flavor of oven roasted turkey breast. Offer this on-trend grilled sandwich with a side salad and a glass of pinot grigio for a deliciously refreshing menu option.
Granny Smith Apple Slices
Brie, with or without rind, sliced (⅛-inch thick)
Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
1. Preheat a panini grill to medium-high heat.
2. Spread 1 teaspoon of butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place the bread, buttered side down, on a clean work surface.
3. Over one slice of the bread, spread the fig preserves. Top with the chopped walnuts and then with the sliced turkey.
4. Arrange the Granny Smith Apple Slices over the turkey and top with the arugula. Then arrange the brie slices evenly over the apples.
5. Top with the remaining slice of bread, buttered side up.
6. Carefully place the sandwich on the panini grill and grill for 4 to 5 minutes, until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
7. Remove the sandwich from the grill, cut in half and serve.
1. Combine the water and lemon juice. Add the apples to the mixture.
2. Remove the apples and dry them off.
3. Slice the apples into ⅛-inch slices.
Swap and substitute to make it your own.