Ground chorizo takes center stage in this easy-to-prepare taco reminiscent of food truck dishes. It's a versatile option for lunch and dinner, and it can also be a breakfast offering when made with scrambled eggs and a pico de gallo topping. Pair with dark Mexican beer to add to the Mexican regional influence.
Chorizo Ground Turkey, cooked and hot
Soft tortilla (half corn, half flour), warm
Pickled Red Onions, drained
Tabasco chipotle pepper sauce
1. Put the 2 tortillas together and fill with the chorizo.
2. Top with Pickled Red Onions, queso fresco and cilantro.
3. Drizzle with Zesty Lime Sour Cream and serve.
1. Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the red onions. Sauté until soft; do not brown. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in the salt, vinegar, wine, sugar, raisins and jelly. Blend.
1. Combine all the ingredients and blend well.
2. Place the leftover Zesty Lime Sour Cream in a storage container with a lid. Label, date and refrigerate.