||English cucumbers, trimmed, 1/8" slices
||Green onions, thinly sliced, white and green parts
||Garlic, thinly sliced
||Serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- Combine the sliced cucumbers with salt. Toss and allow to stand 2 hours under refrigeration. Toss 2 or 3 times during the 2 hours. Drain and discard the salt water.
- Place salted drained cucumbers in a stainless bowl and toss with green onions, garlic and peppers. Set aside.
- Combine the honey, rice and water in a pot and bring to a boil. Cover with a lid and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour simmering liquid over the cucumbers and allow to cool. Cucumbers must stay immersed in the liquid.
- Allow to mature one day at room temperature; then refrigerate one or two days.
- Drain and serve with Korean BBQ Turkey.
Yield: 3 lbs