Grilled Turkey Filet Benedict
*Roasted Shiitake Mushrooms
||Virgin olive oil
||White wine, dry
||Rosemary, fresh sprig
||Thyme, fresh sprig
||Bay leaf, fresh
||Garlic cloves, sliced
||Black pepper, fresh ground
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove stems from shiitake mushrooms and reserve for stock. Clean mushrooms with a damp towel.
- In a sauté pan large enough to hold the mushrooms:
- Sprinkle bottom of pan with oil and white wine.
- Scatter herbs, garlic, salt and pepper over the pan.
- Place mushrooms in pan, gill-side down.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Turn over and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate and hold for next preparation. Cover, label and date.
||Bias-cut French bread, buttered & toasted
||Grilled turkey filet, sliced on the bias
|1 ½ oz.
||Poached eggs, hot
||Roasted Shiitake Mushrooms*
- Arrange the sliced, grilled turkey filet over the toasted French bread.
- Arrange the slices of Brie over the turkey and place under the salamander to melt the cheese.
- Place the poached eggs over the melted Brie.
- Spoon the Roasted Shiitake Mushrooms over the poached eggs.