There are many ways for chefs and operators to serve others during the holiday season and beyond. The best place to start is often with smaller, local charities. Begin by polling your staff members to see which causes resonate most. Learn about how they would like to contribute, and you’ll have more people on board.
The end of the year is a popular time for giving, but there are many ways to contribute beyond the holidays. Use this list for inspiration:
- Host a staff and customer food drive
- Donate extra food to local food banks
- Open your establishment for charity events
- Donate a portion of sales to a selected charity on certain days of the week or month
- Share your success with others—team up with other business to make even greater contributions