Turkey Patty Melt
An indulgent diner favorite gets a makeover. Ground turkey stars in this comforting burger topped with honey-bourbon peppered bacon, beer-basted onions and ooey-gooey muenster cheese. Serve with a side of French fries for a craveable lunch or dinner offering.
- Spread the soft butter on one side of each slice of Texas toast. Place buttered side down onto a clean work surface.
- Designate one slice of the buttered bread as the bottom. Spread the sweet hot mustard on the non-buttered side.
- Evenly arrange 2 slices of the muenster cheese over the mustard.
- On the other slice of Texas toast designated as the top, place the slice of muenster cheese on the non-buttered side.
- Grill the turkey burger to an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- While the turkey burger is grilling, place the Texas toast, buttered sides down, on the grill. Grill to a golden brown. Cheese will start to melt.
- While the toast slices and burger are grilling, reheat the beer-basted onions on the grill. When hot, spread evenly over the surface of the properly cooked turkey burger.
- Place the cooked turkey burger with the beer-basted onions on the bottom slice of the grilled bread.
- Arrange the bacon over the beer-basted onions.
- Top the onions and bacon with top slice of grilled toast.
- Remove from the cooking surface. Place on the cutting board and cut in half diagonally.
- Serve with half of a sour pickle.