Turkey & Fig Panini
Sweet fig jam, tart apples and creamy brie cheese complement the mild flavor of oven roasted turkey breast. Offer this on-trend grilled sandwich with a side salad and a glass of pinot grigio for a deliciously refreshing menu option.
||Granny Smith apples (peeled and cored)
||Water (room temperature)
||Lemon (juice from)
|1 1/2 Tbsp.
||All Natural Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, sliced ⅛" thick
||Granny Smith apples, prepared as indicated
|20 leaves approx.
||Brie, with or without rind, sliced (1/8” thick)
Apple Slices Preparation
- Combine the water and lemon juice.
- Add the apples to the mixture.
- Remove apples and dry them off.
- Cut apples into 1/8" slices.
- Preheat a panini grill to medium high.
- Spread 1 tsp. butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place the bread butter side down on a clean work surface.
- Over one slice of the bread, spread the fig preserves. Top with the chopped walnuts, and then with the sliced turkey.
- Arrange the sliced apples over the turkey top with the arugula. Then arrange the brie slices evenly over the apples
- Top with the remaining slice of bread, butter side up.
- Carefully place the sandwich on the panini grill and grill for 4 to 5 minutes, until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove the sandwich from the grill, cut in half and serve.