- SERVING SIZE 1 bowl
- PREP TIME 30 mins.
- TOTAL TIME 1 hr. 15 mins.
Gluten-free turkey meatballs are coated in an Asian sauce seasoned with soy and ginger, then served on a bed of low-carb zucchini noodles. Pair this easy-to-prep dish with a citrus beer or sauvignon blanc.
Fresh ginger, peeled and chopped fine
Zucchini, large, cut into noodles
1. Combine the mirin, sugar, soy sauce, chopped garlic, chopped ginger and diced onions in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add in the gluten-free turkey meatballs and Thai sweet chili sauce and return to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer for 12–15 minutes (until the meatballs have reached an internal temperature of 165℉).
5. In a large pan, heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes and add the zucchini noodles. Sauté the noodles for 30–45 seconds, until cooked but firm, then portion into 4 individual pasta bowls or a large dish.
6. Remove the individual meatballs from the saucepan and place them over the zucchini noodles (6 per portion).
7. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
Swap and substitute to make it your own.